Thursday 6 February 2014

29 Faces Day 6

Today's face is another one  I created much quicker than I am used to. For this face I decided to use oil pastels. A medium that I have only used in the past to enhance my pictures.



I have wanted to work on brown paper for a while now but I think I have used the wrong side I used the rough side and so the pastel has accentuated the lines. I also found it very difficult  to do the features of the face in pastel as she had to be small enough to fit in the small book I am using for my 29 faces challenge.

I enjoyed working in oil pastel so I must have a go at doing a larger piece .

Thanks for visiting. x




8 comments:

  1. smashing results. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks good, oil pastel is fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your use of pastels on brown paper, your face is beautifully dreamlike. You have given me an idea for a new face thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda like the accentuation of the lines by the pastel. Great face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Denthe, I find the 'wrong side' of the paper has produced an interesting effect with the lines on the face, and I like the misty quality of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really enjoying visiting your 'faces' - I love the texture in this and I think she looks very 1920's and glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your faces- this one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete