Sunday 24 August 2014

Mail Art and Crazy Papers.

This week I received a lovely piece of mail art through the post. Sent to me from the lovely Joanna over at Jogatheringwild.  It is so exciting to see other peoples artwork first hand. I am building up quite a little collection.



Pop over and take a look at her lovely artwork and while you are there follow the link and check out her shop where you can see her artwork on cushions, mugs and more......

This weekend I have been playing with my new bottle of citra solv. It is a natural cleaner and degreaser but when applied to the pages of  National Geographic magazines it dissolves the ink and produces some really original papers to use in your artwork.



Here are some of the results.







This page only partially dissolved which produced a very interesting page.


.......and this


Some pages are a piece of art in themselves but the idea is to incorporate them into my own artwork.

Thanks for visiting. x

5 comments:

  1. Oh interesting. One is never in dark to discover things and then you telling others.

    Wow awesome. I am just a beginner in all this new art findings. Citra Solv.

    It dissolves the ink and produces some really original papers to use in your artwork. You say. Interesting what I am seeing on your blog.

    The name I have not heard of it but of course I would not be looking for it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Jo's work is stunning! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the way your pages turned out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pages ARE works of art...how fun! Jo's art is colorful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun you are having Carol; the results are fascinating. And your mail art is very lovely :D

    ReplyDelete