Monday 29 June 2015

Stencils

Over at Paper Artsy the current challenge is to do something with stencils. So I thought I would join in the fun and did this page in my art journal.



I used a flower stencil with acrylic paint but in reverse so that you get the negative image.  For the girl I used Stabilo All pencil and a water brush and oil pastels for her face.

Why not pop over to the Paper Artsy blog and take a look. There are some inspirational videos and a  load more inspiration from featured artists.

THANKS FOR VISITING.
XXX 

11 comments:

  1. An excellent page Carol. I really like how you used the stencil. I never seem to have success trying to get the negative, but yours looks fab. Your girl looks very regal with her crown. Have a good week ahead :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous Carol!
    Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think how brave people painting faces are, your lady has got a definite worried look but she looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I really like this, great face and very effective simple backdrop,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stencil background has worked really well. I use stencil in all sorts of ways to build up texture. They are wonderfully versatile. Your page is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so beautiful and the background fits so perfect to her, love that you have so much white space.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful page - love the background and how perfectly your girl goes on the page

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Fuzzie I love your little princess with her stencilled background! Beautiful.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely page and beautiful her look. I love your art works. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun art journal page. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete