Saturday 27 June 2015

Summer of Colour #3

This weeks colours are...............

PURPLE + PURPLE + YELLOW.

For me at first I thought it a daunting combination but that is the great thing about the Summer of Colour challenge. You try things out that maybe you wouldn't on your own. That is why this is such a popular and fun challenge.  If you haven't joined in yet give it a try. You can read all about it here.

This is my entry for this week.


It began with a layer of assorted papers and then some acrylic in the SOC colours then I used a black Stabilo All pencil and a water brush for the girls face. There is also some gesso in there too.

I am also linking this to Art Journal Journey where this months theme is Masculine/ Feminine
Thank you to all who have visited and left such lovely comments I really do appreciate hearing your thoughts.

THANKS FOR VISITING
XXX








21 comments:

  1. Your work of art is absolutely wonderful! I can't tell you how much I love the way you used this week's SOC colors! Very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely SOC piece,, I had problems with the colours, too. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey too, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so wonderful- I love the transparent layers and the composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people have had trouble with the colours, but I think what you have done works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the colors ! Your girl is wonderful! Love the effect of Stabilo All and gesso... looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And .... Thank you for linking her to AJJ too!
    Happy Sunday to you!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely entry this week, I like the Build up of layers which add depth to your artwork. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Carol. She has beautiful eyes. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the textured background. It adds a new dimension to her face. You did a wonderful job with this weeks colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous piece that simply lights my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I really love this! I also love your blog header piece! Visiting from SoC5

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is sweet and lovely, you did great with these colours too! Thanks for you kind comment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Fuzzie, lovely subtle colour scheme that blends so well with the beautiful face.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  14. A sweet little face, and i love the just enough bits of color in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a real beauty. I love the mixed media aspect, too. You were not the only one thrown by these colors. I thought this was a difficult one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this. I have to remember the stabilo for adding a drawing onto to background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you did a good job with the colours, very nice mixed media work :)

    ReplyDelete