Since my last post I have been having a little play around with different techniques.
These are a couple more metal pieces I did using an old ball point pen for embossing with and a magazine to work on. Thankyou to my freind who very kindly sent me a mouse mat after seeing my last post. An embossing tool has now been added to my long list of artist materials that I must buy.
The next piece would be nice to use as the cover for a handmade book or journal as it looks and feels like leather.
I started by scrunching up a piece of tissue paper and ironing it on to some iron-on vilene. I stuck some bits of lace and sewn on a flower shape with embroidary thread and sealed it with gesso. I painted on a layer of burnt umber acrylic paint and rubbed on some gold and black acrylic with my finger. I then added some green to give it a verdigree effect.
I'm sorry the way these last two pictures have turned out.They don't do the piece justice and I don't know why but they have downloaded the wrong way around .
I am having a lovely time looking at what my fellow bloggers have been doing and as a result I have gots lots of new projects to add to my to do list ..
Thanks for visiting, bye for now. xx