I thought I was'nt going to get my tag finished in time for this week because I had an idea and nothing I had in my stash was the right colour or texture. Anyway I got there in the end.
I used bondaweb to attach the fabric to both sides of a piece of heavy interfacing and machine sewed around the edges. The fabric was described by the lady in the shop as scrim but it is very thick and heavy like a type of hessien. I then hand stitched some hemp twine around the outside
I used freehand machine embroidery for the flower and although you can't see it in the photo it is covered with organza and sewn onto the tag. And so too are the words which were stamped onto the same fabric as the flower.
This tag was a good excuse to pick up a couple of new goodies.
These are the stamps I used for this tag and I also picked up a box of stamps in a different font. I also picked up this little beauty, something I've been wanting for a while.
It works a treat.
I wanted to make this post a bit longer but find myself pushed for time again so I'm hoping to stop by again tomorrow.
Bye for now x