I thought I would just give you an update on how I got on with my first attempt at working with a tea bag.
Those of you that saw my last post will know that I left the fruit tea bag to dry out overnight. When it was dry I removed the staple and emptied out the tea and carefully opened out the tea bag.
There it was all ready to be worked on and the tea looked good to. I'm sure you could use that in some way too. But for now I was just concentrating on the bag itself.
Not ever having used a tea bags before (apart from making a cup of tea of course) I thought I would hold back on making pages for my little book until I was a bit more familiar with them. So I sat there looking at the flattened out tea bag and wondered where to start. I got out my stamps and ink pad and stamped a couple of images onto the tea bag. I know, from reading artists blogs that you can use gel medium to seal them and to adhere them onto paper and fabric, but as I am just starting out working in mixed media, gel medium is one of the many things on my shopping list. So I used what I had to hand which was pva glue.
Well it turned out to be a mistake as it turned the lovely pink colour into GREEN. Well you learn by your mistakes. I'm not sure whether it would effect the colour if it had been brown tea but needless to say gel medium has now gone to the top of my shopping list.
I was going to post a pic to show you how it turned out but the camera wouldn't pick up the green. So that's were I am with that at the moment but I'm going to steep a few more bags and have a little more practice. When I get something worth sharing I will let you know.
Anyway it wasn't all bad the highlight of my day, today, was a little robin in my front garden.
I love robins, they remind me of my Mum.
Bye for now x