Wednesday 13 March 2013

Hearts & Flowers Journal page 5

Hi Everyone,

My latest journal page is based on a painting by Charles Rennie Mackintosh 'Stylized Rose' with a few changes.


I used acrylic paint and a white uni-ball signo pen. Ideally I would have scratched the pattern into the black paint but as usual this page started off as something else and was blue underneath.

I started this journal/sketchbook when I joined the flickr group Sketchbook Friends and I entitled it Hearts and Flowers.I have one more page to complete. The next one will have no title or theme. Its purpose will just be to play and explore different styles and themes. I may even treat myself to a Dylusions Journal, which I have been promising myself for a while now.

Hope you like this page and thank you to those of you who left a comment here recently. It means a lot.

Bye for now, x

2 comments:

  1. He's one of my favourites - I love his style and you've represented his rose beautifully. The gold and black background is perfect and really captures the feel of that era. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab page Carol! I love Charles Rennie Mackintosh and have several pieces. Your rose is beautiful, it looks 3-D, and the background is very striking. I'm looking forward to seeing your 'play page' :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete