Saturday 9 November 2013

The Girls

My latest journal page has the usual stenciling and stamping but I thought that I would  try out a technique that I haven't done for a while.

The image was from The Graphics Fairy and I transferred the image from an ink-jet print using Gesso.
I painted the page with Gesso and applied the image face down and burnished the back using a bone folder. Then I gently peeled away the paper leaving the image behind. (If  parts of the paper won't come away easily then you can gently rub it away with a wet finger.)

I like the effect you get when the image doesn't transfer completely. I finished it off with a piece of washi tape showing little birds on a wire.

Bye for now xx

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning - I love the vintage image and as always your background is amazing. I've never used gesso to transfer images, I always use Gel Medium - but I'll definitely give it a go!

    ReplyDelete