Monday 22 June 2015

Big is too Big.

As part of my endeavour to improve my backgrounds some of you may remember that I had bought an A2 sketch pad and some larger tubes of paint to be 'bold' and go BIG. But I have come to the conclusion that I just can't do BIG. It just doesn't come natural to me. Maybe it's because my frugal nature won't allow me to use large quantities of paint. LOL!

In the end I reverted back to the more conventional size of A4 (my Dylusions Journal).


I find it difficult to work on something that isn't going to result in finished piece but this is supposed to be just practice so even though I am far from satisfied with this page I just left it as it was and when I get over my frustration!!  I will do another page.

In contrast to this I spent some of the weekend playing with my coloured pencils again and did end up with a finished piece but I think I will save that for tomorrow..............

THANKS FOR VISITING
XXX

5 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean! I'm target driven myself. I find it difficult to just ‘play’ with no goal in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too know what you're saying. I bought a 9x12 book, which I can't even bring myself to use, lol. So something like A2 would have me running for cover, lol. I feel sure that you will 'get there' before I :o)) {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am testing myself by doing the icads because I don't like to work too small. I admire those who can! Make sure you check out http://alisaburke.blogspot.ca/ this week...she talks about how she makes inks out of felt pens drying out...

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too was afraid of the big page - and I consider A4 big (ooh heck). Now I just squirt and slap paint and ink on, grab a stencil or two and keep adding. Nothing wrong in your pages but I just leave a page when I don't like it and go on to another (sometimes have lots going on at once) and then go back to it another time - could be weeks later. Try that and see if it helps.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahha... this is funny...... I have the same problem... sometimes I do things so small it gets ridiculous. But, I love tiny things....

    ReplyDelete