Wednesday 6 May 2015

WOYWW

It's a very wet and windy Wednesday here in my part of the UK. I don't know where Spring has gone. But Wednesday means time to share what is on my desk.

I have taken a break from my Modigliani inspired portrait and started a new mixed media piece on cardboard.


The sea is layers of citra-solv papers and the background is layers of gesso, handmade papers and acrylic.
Her little boat is some left over inky paper. It is, in fact, the back where the ink had seeped through and it was ideal to give the boat a rusty look.


I am linking this to WOYWW where, if you follow the link, you will be able to visit other desks around the world.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY.
XXX

10 comments:

  1. We had spring come to visit for a week but then it decided to disappear and we've had snow, hail and rain and more rain since. I do hope it remembers to return soon.
    Maybe a little boat like your's might be just the thing.
    Great artwork... happy WOYWW to you
    Neesie #46

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're having rain, I'll send you some sun. Love the artwork and the little boat does look rusty.
    Jan S. No 44

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ..I love to see that you are working on this - maybe it will visit AJJ in the end? Yeah!
    We had rain here the whole day too... where is spring???
    hugs
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the Bank Holiday that's to blame about the weather, it just knows. It's wet , windy and cold today so blogging seems okay.
    Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 23

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute the little guy, with a contrast of the harsh weather behind.
    or the harsh weather all around the guy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful mixture of techniques and gorgeous little image. Have a lovely woyww.
    sandra de @43

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so delightful and I love the little boat with it's rusty look - hope it doesn't have a hole in it! Really looking forward to see how she turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see this progress, it's looking fantastic! How clever to 'see' a rusty boat :o))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of using the cardboard, it gives it a unique texture. I bought some citra solve but have not used it yet. The weather here is wet so hoping it will dry out so I can try this techniques. You have given me some much needed motivation!

    ReplyDelete