Sunday 17 July 2016

A Sign of What's to Come


Hi

I have been doing a lot of soul searching recently regarding my art. I have decided to concentrate mainly on one medium and explore it in more depth. I like working with oil pastels most of all so this is the medium I have chosen to work with in the main.




I think I will stick to portraits but try and develop a more loose and more 'grown up' style instead of the more 'cutie' style I have been doing up to now. I have discovered that you can get larger sized oil pastels (who knew? not me) which is very exciting and although I have never had the courage to try oil paints perhaps I may graduate on to oil bars which are sticks of oil paint. But one step at a time.

I thought it was about time I concentrated on one thing and try and do it properly instead of getting distracted by different mediums and techniques. This is my latest page in my sketchbook  She is done in oil pastels and pencil. 



Hopefully a sign of whats to come.

Watch this space........

XXX




7 comments:

  1. Love your style just as is. .... who wants to be grown up. Creating like a child is the most fun of all!!
    Hugs ♥
    MiSchra♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree MiSchra, lovely Art piece ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style too but I know I will also love the new style as well.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the consensus of opinion is we love your style!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! Your oil pastel girls are you! ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enchantingly beautiful. I love your style but you need to do what you need to do - and whatever it is will be stunning I know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh she is stunning...love the light shimmer on her hair..the hair is fabulous..and her dress adorable...

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful!!!! Such a sweet image!

    ReplyDelete