Saturday 2 July 2016

Oops!


Hi 

Another page in my Moleskine sketchbook. 

This time sketching pencils and WH Smith colour pencil in red.







 I am still in pain with my leg and waiting for cortisone injection so by the time I have done my daily
 chores I haven't felt like working on anything major in my art room.  Therefore I have been spending my spare time looking at and comparing different art materials. I have a list as long as my arm of new materials I want to get my hands on.

I am currently looking at Derwent Inktense Blocks and Faber Castell Gelato's. I am just trying to decide what to invest in so if anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them.


 For the above double page spread I did a swatch test to compare the reds in my WH Smith colour pencil set and my Derwent Academy pencils. My WH Smith set won hands down for me. I think they are such good quality for the price.

I have never been interested in making swatches of my paints and pencils but plan on doing a swatch test to compare my WH Smith set with my Prismacolor set. I only have a portrait set of Prismacolor's so will have to try and match up some colours from both sets to compare. I will post about my findings next time.

Thanks for visiting.

XXX



3 comments:

  1. I hope your leg is better soon. I really like using Inktense Blocks, both on paper and fabric, they give a very rich colour. I have just last week bought some Gelatos-the Brights. They are very versatile and feel very soft for drawing, like using lipstick! I have found quite a few tutorials on how to use them, and think that I will be busy trying them out!
    www.texturetrail/blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear you're still in pain! :( I hope the cortisone shots will give you relief.) I agree with Jane about the Inktense blocks. I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your leg and hope you are soon pain free :)

    I love Inktense blocks too (and pencils) but have not got on well with Gelatos and being able to blend them and gave up, probably sooner than I should. (I think its probably my fault and maybe I should try some other Gessos)

    The Inktense are very versatile, great for layering and good that are permanent when activated with water.
    I've been buying single blocks as they seem to work out cheaper than a set in a tin etc.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete