Friday 22 July 2016

New Goodies


HI

I came across a video on YouTube by Lindsay The Frugal Crafter and she was comparing Faber Castell Gelato's with Gel Sticks. Gel Sticks are a product actually aimed at kids by the same company Faber Castell.

You can see her video and what she discovered here. The Gel sticks only have a limited colour palette compared to the Gelato's but are much cheaper so I thought I would give them a try
.



I did some comparisons in y Moleskine sketchbook with my portfolio and sennelier oil pastels.




You can smudge them with your finger like the oil pastels but they are not as workable. 





This is both a pro and a con depending on what you are using them for. I did this quick drawing to try them out.




They are a useful addition to my art supplies. 


THANKS FOR VISITING

XXX
Linking to Paint Party Friday

10 comments:

  1. She is adorable!
    Happy PPF ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet creation and thanks for the creative info ~

    Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing your thoughts on these. I have a handful of the Gelatos but don't use them as much as I should. Sweet girl! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little girl! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet drawing! I love how you tested your new art supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sketch! I also watch Lindsey the frugal crafter but I had not seen that particular video. Interesting comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I know her! LOVE her stockings!! ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so adorable!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. never heard of them before and good to see examples of them being used :)

    Happy PFF! :)
    Jen #45

    ReplyDelete