Wednesday 6 July 2016

Watercolour Pencil Comparisons


Hi

I have been comparing my new set of W H Smith Watercolour pencils with Derwent Inktense

and Caran D'Ache W/C pencils.






I found that there was not a lot of difference between the three

 which is a thumbs up for the cheaper set from W H Smith. However a great advantage with

 the Inktense pencils is that once diluted with water and when they are dry they are permanent.




Unfortunately my moleskine has sketchbook paper in it which does not stand up well to watercolour.

The paper was pilling badly and this page went downhill from here on in.




I may try and salvage it by adding some collage but not sure it can be saved.

I will let you know.

XXX

4 comments:

  1. I definitely think she's worth salvaging! In fact I think she's beautiful as she is. I hate it when pilling happens, I had a whole disaster with one of the little green and pink spring windows I did recently and ended up spending ages picking the pilling off with tweezers and a pin - it looked a lot better, but I knew I'd never be happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is sweet. Good luck on salvaging it.

    ReplyDelete