Sunday 10 August 2014

Love of the Simple Things

Following on from my last post, in which, I mentioned serendipity. I have been putting some thought into my concertina book project that was mentioned in a previous post here. I want it  to have that nostalgic feel of a) the concertina book itself from my childhood and b) the cut and paste element of my scrapbook.
I have dismissed the idea of the school exercise paper and the diminutive size and am considering 4x6 inch and heavy sketchbook paper. The idea is to create little pieces of art on each page by pasting in random scraps of leftover painty papers that catch my eye and fill it with 'happy accidents' like this.


This was a doodle of a bird on a piece of scrap paper on my desk. I especially like the holes at the top. I think it adds a 'little something' I cut it out and pasted it to a page in one of my little sketchbooks along with a strip of book paper and another scrap of painted paper.

It will be a gradual process because the point of it is that it is not contrived it will be a collection of those 'happy accidents'.

Thanks for visiting. x

4 comments:

  1. great idea with this concertina book of happy accidents ... it's a nice little composition !

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea to use these scraps of painted papers. It's so simple yet so effective. Love the dress of your lady in the previous post too. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of your concertina book and especially that it will be made up of happy accidents - I love the little bird collage, and I like the fact that it won't be contrived. You've got a great idea in the making and I'm really looking forward to seeing how you develop it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice composition! I love happy accidents! ♥

    ReplyDelete