Monday 2 September 2013

Hi there,

It has been longer than I had hoped since my last post. I have been working on a couple of pages in my Dylusions Journal and although as I mentioned in an earlier post that it  was my aim, when working in this journal,  to be more 'free' in my approach to my work, not to worry about how the page  turned out. But I still find it difficult. Art should be an enjoyable experience and some times I can sit agonizing over a page for ages.

This was the case with both these pages here. The first one started out as something very different to the finished image as you can see here.


I wasn't happy with the way it was going so it became this:-


I still was not satisfied so I continued on to the next page to make it a double page spread which is till unfinished. I will post the finished piece in a future post.

On the second page there wasn't as many layers and changes to the original idea I just seemed to spend along time staring at it wondering what to do next.
The first image is how it looked at the early stage and the second is the finished page.







I finished of by outlining with a black sharpie. It helped the image stand out more for the camera but I think I preferred it before.

Here is how the little girl looked without the outline.

Well that is all that I have to share with you at the moment so if you like what you see I would love to here yourcomments.
Bye for now x




4 comments:

  1. hi fuzzie fingers... : )

    ah, these pages are delightful! i *love* this running girl with her arms open wide!

    thank you for your nice words at my place... i'm happy to be sharing gillian's videos as i think they may be as inspirational to others as they were to me. seeing her paint just did something to my artist's brain!

    i wish you many happy painting hours... : )

    lynne


    ReplyDelete
  2. the bird is so cute an i like the way you have done the girl all happy an care free looking xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages - I really like the bird, but I also really like the page before you turned it into the bird! The girl is beautiful, I love the feeling of movement - you've captured it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love the first two images so much...especially the first one...that sort of very layered and almost grungy look. I mean that a compliment because I love that look. So much texture in it! Your journal pages are a true art journey! I hope you keep going!!

    ReplyDelete