Friday 17 April 2015

Paint Party Friday.

A couple of days ago I started out with a canvas board and some tissue paper. You can see how it started out here.

Now, I don't really know why I started with a canvas board. Perhaps because I have some lying around not getting used. But it has just reminded me how I dislike working on them. In fact,I don't really like working on canvas at all. I prefer starting out on a smooth surface. That is probably why it started to go downhill fairly quickly.

This is how it ended up looking before I decided to change it completely.


So out came the gesso. Then I used some water soluble oil pastels and a baby wipe to create a pastel coloured background..


I then used some fluid acrylics and a homemade stencil to add some irregular shaped circles.


I'm not sure how this one is going to turn out but it will probably be the last time I work on a canvas board.

*Post Updated *

When I compared the before and after images. I found that I preferred the way it looked before I drastically changed it. So out came the trusty gesso (What would we do without it) and changed it back similar to the way it was before.



This is definitely a 'Work in Progress'

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY

XXX




Linking this post to PAINT PARTY FRIDAY 

13 comments:

  1. I love the first one. The background is very beautiful with the shades of shabby colours. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the first one. It is so lovely!

    Two and three take away her beautiful face too much and her hair. And you lose the branches as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, I'm not fond of those boards either! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is looking great. happy ppf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are working on some great texture... whichever direction you go with this, it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how a little time away from something can change our perception of it. I loved it before the change too, but then I liked the pastel, and now I like it back again. You're just too good at making things look good imho.Have a fabulous weekend Carol :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure this is going to be fabulous no matter how many times you change it ! I'm one who really loves working on canvas boards-of all sizes:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you changed it back as I too like it better with earthy tones. Photos of wip are great but also show when you change things and perhaps should have left alone. I am always doing that. I often look at wip shots and wish I could go back, You are back on track now, She is looking wonderful and I am sure you will learn to love working on canvas canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I like it better with the earth tones, too. I kind of love painting over things and starting over sometimes. Interesting to see your process!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your process sounds like mine! Oooops! I changed my mind. It was better the first way! lol She's looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love the first one...I see a ghostly figure in the background too....funny how we can go back and forth to find the right feel to a piece....I do that all the time... Great texture too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, that's what I like about painting, you can just keep going over it when something's bothering you. Love the different transformations, and look forward to what you'll be doing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are gorgeous but I definitely prefer the earth tones and I also love the little whispy seeds. She's looking fabulous so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next!

    ReplyDelete