Saturday 19 April 2014

Something New

This is my first attempt at using a Derwent Water soluble Graphitone pencil.


Although it is called a pencil it is,in fact, a graphite bar. It is not encased in wood like  an ordinary pencil.  As you can see my pencil is in two bits owing to me dropping it on the floor. But it does sharpen well as you can see.

 This little lady is in Graphitone pencil and Gesso.


One thing I have discovered is you can't seem to erase any mistakes so I am not really happy with her but I wanted to share my first attempt here and hopefully I will improve with practice.

Thanks for visiting. x



4 comments:

  1. Ooh, well I think she's lovely!
    I wonder if the putty eraser would work? :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she's lovely! No need to erase, and if you improve any more you'll be perfect and that's no fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the others, she is lovely as is. I think you'll need a kneaded eraser to pick up any mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these graphite pencils. They are good to take to the art gallery for sketching along with one of those water brushes Your first drawing with it is excellent, I can't see where any improvement is needed. Great work.

    ReplyDelete