Wednesday 29 October 2014

WOYWW

This is what is on my desk this WOYWW.


This little birdie appeared on my desk quite by accident. I had a piece of paper which I had been cleaning my stamps on and I used the other side to cut out a bird shape for another project. I folded the paper in half and the stamp impressions showed through the cut out bird shape. The colours were perfect so I cut out this little bird, adhered it to a blank card and added a beak and some legs and there he is.........Serendipity..........


For those of you who haven't visited since last Wednesday and would like to see the finished mixed media piece I was working on here it is finished at last.

The Gift
Mixed Media on card

Click on  the WOYWW button in the side-bar to visit other peoples desks across the world.

Thank you to all who left such lovely comments last week. They mean a lot. 

Bye for now. x

17 comments:

  1. Oh your bird and especially its beak is so wonderful! Love your pretty girl too...she looks a bit sad. The colors are gorgeous and my favorite part is the design in her skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this serendipity birdie ... speciall it's beak is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your projects. They are awesome!
    Cheers
    Gabriele 31

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serendipitous indeed. Isn't that a wonderful word!? Your 'found' bird is so sweet; well spotted Carol. ((hugs)) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was a happy accident! The bird is beautiful, the browns perfectly capture the plumage :-) I love it!
    Hugs, LLJ 28 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the finished page and your gorgeous bird, so fab. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your serendipity bird. (Yes, I like that word too) and thanks for showing the finished other project. It's really stunning. I wonder what the girl is thinking....
    Have a good week,
    Thank you for letting look over your shoulder,
    Lisca#67

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the bird and the mixed media project too ! Ali #21

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your finished canvas looks awesome! It belongs in an art magazine - I mean it! Love it lots! I hope to be able to create something similar when I "grow up"! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #32

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some things are just meant to happen and that cute bird was one of them. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw your post. Oh wow, the addition of that birdie to your mixed media piece is just perfect. It looks stunning, I love it.
    Have a great week,
    Von #11

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a happy accident! Great job!! Your finished piece is very beautiful too.

    Happy crafting!
    Jeannie #27

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is gorgeous! And the little lady is lovely, too. Glad you're having such fun. Love, Chris # 24

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are both truly lovely! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work there, the little bird is gorgeous and the girl is even better than when I saw her the first time. Your faces have such feeling.
    Thanks for the visit and happy crafting, Angela x 34

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated WOYWW. I love simple designs and the mixed media style is something I admire. Ali x #40

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love your serendipity bird...amazing how that all works!! Wonderful card!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete